Monday, December 10, 2012

An Army of Kitties!

So... remember that big order I said we had coming up in the "Sneak Preview" a few weeks ago?  Well, the big order turned out to be MUCH bigger than we thought it would be.  Yikes!  

Originally, my coworker ordered 50 Hello Kitty cake pops.  Then, she asked if we could double the order!  Up to that point, the most we had ever made in a day was an order of 80 cake pops, consisting of 4 different cake pop designs.  Even though this order would be bigger, we thought it would be a piece of cake: 100 cake pops, all Hello Kitties?  No problem!


Little did I know... About 50 cake pops in, I began reverting back to my 3rd-grade self (sometimes on the weekends, I channel my students when they're not around) and couldn't help asking every 5 seconds, "Are we done yeeet?"  Shape all the cake balls into ovals.  Glue on the chocolate chip ears.  Dip all the cakes.  Glue on the red mini M&M.  Glue on two red jumbo heart sprinkles.  Repeat x 100...

(Actually we would complete one step for each cake pop before we moved on the next step, but still, you get the point.)

By the end of the day, I had to move the cake pops in front of the TV so I could pipe on the eyes and nose while watching my latest Netflix obsession (Numb3rs) to keep myself awake.  Who knew an army of kitties could take so much outta me?!


Notice how the lighting has drastically changed from the previous picture.  That's right, we started when it was daylight out and didn't finish until it was pitch black outside!

It was still a blast, but my mom and I have agreed that from now on, we will not agree to make any more than 50 cake pops on any given day.  We only have enough stamina to get through decorating 50 of them at a time... Lesson learned! :) 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment