Sunday, December 16, 2012

You Can't Catch Me, I'm the...

...gingerbread man!


That phrase just doesn't sit right in my mouth.  Since switching to teaching third grade, I've gone from spouting the crazed antics of a cookie to reading the Jon Scieszka version, The Stinky Cheese Man.  However, fear not, these cuties are not made of any sort of fermented dairy (although, can I just say that I recently bought a wonderful pieces of blue brie cheese?  I loved it!).  These babies are chocolate through and through!

Our friend Ailynne (of Ailynne Abarado Photography) asked if we could make her some gingerbread men cake pops for her gingerbread house-themed children's party.  We were a bit rushed for time (Orchestral gig all weekend long--my arm is about to fall off from nonstop violin playing), so unfortunately my mom and I couldn't get too creative.  We also didn't have any gingerbread cake on hand, so we just used plain chocolate.  As usual, we piped everything on using candy melt!  We ran out of sprinkles for the buttons so we had to pipe those on by hand as well.

Well, I do believe that will be our last batch of December holiday-themed cake pops.  As soon as school lets out, I'm headed to NYC! Can't wait!

1 comment: